Monday, April 4, 2011

Fear Project

So for my fear assignment, I tried to think of many different ways of experimenting. In the end I found out that I didn't have some fears I thought I had. What ended up happening was that both of my cats (one of which has three legs) escaped. When the first one escaped, I didn't handle it too well. I was not only upset about the cat leaving, but I was upset that I didn't know where she was or what has happened too her. She was gone for 2 1/2 days and my older brother ended up finding her in the front yard. When the second one escaped, I found myself handling it better than the first one. There were a few times when it got hard, but I overall was much stronger through the whole situation. We ended up finding her in 2 days. I know I sound like a terrible pet owner, but they escaped from freak circumstances. One of them escaped when my brothers cat opened the back door to get inside, and the other escaped from one of our garage doors being messed up. Through both of them I found what upset me the most was the fear of the unknown. I didn't know where they were or what had happened. If one of them would've gotten hit by a car or something, I would've had closure. If one of them disappeared without a trace, I would have had no idea what happened. So in the end I found one of my worst fears, the fear of the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment